“EMPLOYEE” MEANS ANY PERSON WHO IS EMPLOYED FOR THE WAGES IN ANY KIND OF THE WORK, MANUAL OR OTHERWISE, IN OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE WORK OF AN ESTABLISHMENT, AND WHO GETS HIS WAGES DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM THE EMPLOYER, (AND INCLUDES ANY PERSON :
1. EMPLOYED BY OR THROUGH A CONTRACTOR IN OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE WORK OF THE ESTABLISHMENT.
2. ENGAGED AS AN APPRENTICE, NOT BEING AN APPRENTICE ENGAGED UNDER THE `APPRENTICE ACT, 1961’ (52 OF 1961) OR UNDER THE STANDING ORDERS OF THE ESTABLISHMENT.
For New Entrants
1. Enrolment: An employee is eligible for membership from the day he joins the covered establishment.
2. If the employee’s emoluments exceed Rs. 6,500/- per month, he has the option to join the Scheme(s) with the consent of employer.
3. Declare previous employment details, if any, in Form No. 11 to the employer.
4. On becoming a member of the Schemes file details in Form No. 2 ( family particulars/ nominations) through the employer.
5. Rate of contribution payable by a member shall be @ 12% of his emoluments.
6. A member can contribute statutarily over and above the prescribed rate.
For Existing Members
2. Any Change in family status such as:
o Marriage of members
o additions / deletions in the family.
o Legal adoption of the children
o Change of nominee, is to be filed in Form No. 2 through the employer.
3. In the event the member is holding a Scheme Certificate (under EPS, 95), he should surrender the same to the concerned EPFO office, through his employer.
4. A member is entitled to various benefits & facilities such as withdrawals, advances, pensions, death insurance etc.